Surface-To-Air Missile (SAM)
System 2K12M1-AK (Kvadrat-AK)
Upgraded 2K12M1-AK Surface-To-Air (SAM) System (Kvadrat-AK) features improved performance and extended functional capabilities due to new algorithms of data processing and displaying, digital signal processing with software based MTI and automatic data readout and processing.
- Equipment is designed to continuously operate for 48 hours with one hour rest time;
- All components, panels, units and modules are designed as replaceable units and can be easily replaced with spare ones.
- System provides automatic operational monitoring and functional check. Checks are performed each time Engagement Radar Vehicle starts or at any time as requested by operator.
- System is equipped with the simulator enabling training of combat crews in realistic conditions including simulation of ECM applied by the enemy.
- System is capable of operation in the following ambient conditions:
temperature: from – 200 C to +500 C;
humidity: 98% at +250 C;
wind speed: up to 25 m/s.
- System is equipped with GPS.
- Upgraded system can be operated and maintained by crew who previously maintained SAM 2K12M1(2,3) “Kvadrat-M1(2,3)” with additional training.
- All major units and systems can easily be accessed for maintenance and repair.
Upgraded system provides:
- extended service life by 15 years by way of replacement of old components with new ones;
- improved combat efficiency, operation against all types of air targets in various jamming environment;
- increased reliability, MTBF of 1500 hours;
- reduced power consumption;
- reduced combat crew;
- reduced operational works.