PRV-16AK mobile height-finder is intended for measurement of aircraft altitude based on target designations received from 2D radars or command posts.
Mobile Height-Finder (HF) PRV-16AK provides:
- finding altitude, elevation and azimuth of air targets, as well as bearing and elevation of active jammer;
- finding altitude of air targets from target reports issued by range-finder or control systems;
- automatic plot detection, measuring elevation coordinates and range of plots;
- distribution of processed radar data in digital form;
- displaying input, output and diagnostics data.
The following parameters were improved in result of modernization:
– detection accuracy;
– reparability, maintenance is simplified due the utilization of up-to-date components;
– operator load factor;
– man hours required by servicing personnel to perform maintenance and preparation.
Main components of PRV-16AK height finder:
- receiving system;
- transmission system;
- antenna-waveguide device;
- hydraulic system of leveling;
- data processing, displaying and output unit;
- control, protection and diagnostic system;
- power supply system;
- temperature control system;
- communication hardware.
PRV-16AK cabin has four compartments:
Operator compartment, where WP-TSM, power switchboard, ALT (automatic load transfer unit) and COCH is located;
Hardware compartment, where transmission-receiving equipment, A500 control rack and waveguide transmission line components are located;
Rotary support compartment, where 380/220 V step down transformer, antenna rotary support with rotation drive, waveguide transmission line and leveling system components are located;
Diesel compartment, where two diesel generators and diesel compartment power switchboard is located.